Goo.gl - URL Shortener and QR Creator
Looking for an easy way to share long URLs with students? Try http://goo.gl.
So why should you try Google URL Shortener instead of any of the other URL shorteners like Tiny URL? When you login with your Google ID, Google URL Shortener actually becomes a 2 in 1 tool. It shortens your URL and creates a QR code all in one step!
How to use:
- Go to http://goo.gl.
- Login to your Google account.
- Paste a URL into the box and click SHORTEN URL.
- Your URL will be shortened into a "goo.gl/____" address on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click DETAILS below the shortened URL to view the QR code. The code can be copied/pasted to a document or saved with a right-click.
- All URLs that you've shortened will be tracked in your main list so you can always go back to access the code.
Want to learn more about QR codes in the classroom? Check out our QR code blog post here: http://gcisdleadwithtechnology.blogspot.com/2012/02/qr-codes.html