The Wow Features
- No login required. Students can create and share a Grok without logging in
- It is interactive and it is not flash-based so it works on the iPad
- The Quiz tool provides classroom ready questions on your search term. Have the students take the quiz or use the questions yourself to add to your own quizzes
- Results can be customized to have as much or as little detail as you want. Just adjust a slider from an ABC chalkboard all the way up to an Einstein level.
- It is free and specifically made for education. (Creating a login/free account gives you more options and of course there is a paid version with even more options.)
- Results are filtered and safe for all
- You can customize the colors
- Groks can be shared and embedded into your blog, website, etc.
Use instaGrok to
- Create an interactive mind mapping tool
- Find topics to write about
- Generate ideas
- Curate information
- Really learn vocabulary words
- Explore complicated ideas
- Find images and videos in one click
- Allow for self assessment through the quiz feature
- Teach students how to narrow down search results
- So much more!
Check out my instaGrok on the use of iPads for Education to see what all the excitement is about! Click on a circle then click on the side bar for additional information.
Grok is intuitive and easy to use, but if you want a tutorial, here is one for you.
So, what do you think about InstaGrok? Try it and leave a comment about your experience.