Record.mp3 for Creating Your Own Audio Books
Many teachers have asked me for a way to create audio recordings of books from their classroom library so that students can listen as they follow along with the book. RecordMP3.org is an easy (and free!) way to do just that.
- Go to http://www.recordmp3.org/
- If it’s the first time you’ve visited this website, you’ll get a notification about allowing access to your microphone. Click “OK, got it” and then choose Allow and Remember and click Close.
- Click “OK, I did it.”
- Click Record to start recording. You might get a yellow bar across the top of the window asking you again to allow microphone access. Choose to allow.
- Click Stop when you’re finished reading.
- Click Play to listen back.
- Click Start Over to re-record or click Save Recording.
- Copy the URL.
- Go to http://goqr.me (or your favorite QR generator) to create the QR code. Print out the QR code and tape into the book in your classroom library.