Have you tried Blendspace yet? It's a great way to collect and share lesson resources. Signing up is easy... just login with your GCISD Google account! The company has created a great step by step handout for getting started with Blendspace.
Check out some GCISD teacher created examples here:
(I'd love to add your examples! Send them to me via the form below.)
How can you use Blendspace in your classroom?
- To collect all your resources for a particular lesson or unit in one place so that they're easily accessible.
- To provide students with extra practice or enrichment for specific skills or topics
- To create choice boards to give students options for personal learning time
- To "flip" your lesson
What kinds of things can be added to Blendspace boxes?
- Links to webpages for research
- Links to videos
- Google Docs or Presentations
- Text instructions for hands-on or digital activities
- Files (PDF, video, etc) from your computer
Other things I love about Blendspace:
- It's easy to collaborate on Blendspaces with teammates to save time! Just click the Share button and then choose Collaborate.
- There is also a large, searchable gallery of already created Blendspaces that you can copy to your account and modify to meet your needs.
(If you're viewing this blogpost via email and can't see the embedded Blendspace below, click this link. https://www.blendspace.com/lessons/W_Qyz30l4hC98Q/using-blendspace-for-student-choice-boards)
How have you used Blendspace in your classroom? Please share in the comments or share your Blendspace URLs in the form below: http://goo.gl/KCCdxm