GCISD now has a new royalty free sound site for teachers and students to use. The link has been added to GCISD Important websites. At this time, only Volume 4 has been purchased. When going to the SoundzAbound site, you will already be logged in with the GCISD login. No need to log in!
Note: This can only be used inside the district. It cannot be used at a
location outside GCISD.
To use on a computer:
- Search by keyword or click on Volume and choose Volume 4. Go through the list to locate a music file to download.
- Click the Download MP3 button to download. You have the option to preview the sound before downloading.
- The file will save in your Downloads folder. In addition, it may open in iTunes when it's downloaded.
- You can use in the file in applications such as iMovie, and iTunes. It can also be saved in Google Drive.
SoundzAbound also works on the iPad. In order to use this on the iPad, you must first download a free app called Documents 5 by Readdle.
To use on an iPad:
- Tap the Documents 5 App by Readdle to open.
- On the left side menu, tap on Browser and enter www.soundzabound.com
- You are already logged in with GCISD credentials.
- Tap on Volume and Volume 4 to locate a music file to download.
- Tap the Download MP3 button to download. You have the option to preview the sound before downloading.
- A Save File box comes up. Click Done.
- Readdle saves files into the Downloads folder in the Documents 5 App.
- Tap on the menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen to access the menu.
- Tap on the Documents button and then tap Downloads folder.
- Locate the audio file.
- Click the audio file to open and locate the Options button in the upper right corner and go to Open In. You can open and insert the audio file in iMovie, Google Drive, Dropbox, Edmodo, iTunes, Evernote, Dropbox and several other Apps.
There is a great how-to video found on the website that shows how to download and insert a sound into applications such as iMovie and Edmodo.