Throwback Thursday: Epic! Books
This is the second time we're throwing it back to Epic! books. They bring so much to your classroom that we're doing it again! Here is the 1st post & 2nd post. Epic! is a great resource that offers thousands of ebooks for K-5 students on their iPad app or website and is 100% free for teachers.
- Provides another way for children to fall in love with reading.
- Many genres at all levels of reading.
- Could use it for research purposes.
- Allows for differentiation because you choose your books based on reading level/age.
- Has Spanish & bilingual Spanish/English book options
Recently Epic! added a few new features, one of which is Collections. These are personalized book collections that a teacher can curate and push out to their class. There are also featured collections already chosen that you can pick from.
Epic! has also added some new teacher resources, like a parent letter, lesson plans, and teacher tips.
To get started with Epic!, visit https://www.getepic.com/educators. There, you'll be able to create your classes and add your students! You can also view this slidedeck created by Becky Sporrer for a step by step instruction!